I love veggie soup, it’s just comfort in a bowl to me. I got hit with one of those random cravings, so veggie soup it was! Funnily enough for a person who isn’t the greatest at eating her veggies, most of the recipes I found didn’t quite hit the spot for me in terms of veggies. I found quite a few recipes that all just required one or two veggies, so I ended up combining them to the recipe below. It turned out pretty good!
- 33 oz water.
- 2 carrots.
- 1 small leek.
- 5 oz rutabaga.
- 3.5 oz celeriac / celery root.
- 1 chicken breast, sliced into strips.
- 2 bullion cubes.
- Wash and peel the vegetables.
- Cut the vegetables in small pieces.
- Bring water and salt to a boil.
- Put the veggies in the water and boil them for about 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken when the veggies are almost boiled.
- Add bullion, and salt and pepper to taste.
Alternatively you can cook the chicken before, that’s what I did! It’s also really tasty with some freshly baked bread as a side.